Many of you have asked for an update on the Qantas situation. So here we go.
To catch you up on what happened:
1) I flew to Australia on Qantas and encountered a racist flight attendant.
2) I complained about it on my website/Twitter/Facebook.
3) Qantas suggested I delete my tweet about the incident “for my own privacy.” Ha ha ha ha. Good one. Then they sent a generic email saying they don’t condone what happened.
4) A reporter somehow found this story and wrote a piece about it, which spawned numerous other news outlets to run the story.
5) A woman named Judy from Qantas called me to profusely apologize, promise that they would take care of this, then offer me free frequent flyer points. Or lounge access. Or an upgrade “if one was available” for my flight home. Which is sort of like saying, “We are very sorry. Possibly. It depends.” Anyway, I told her that I wasn’t looking for freebies/handouts. I just wanted them to make better choices, and that I hoped the guy kept his job. Also, to please keep me posted about their progress and let me know if I can assist in any way.
And that brings us to my flight home from Sydney two weeks ago. Upon checking in Continue Reading…